Wayne Rudson, CA·IFA/CBV, ASA, CFE, CFF
Educational and Professional Affiliations
- Specialist in Investigative and Forensic Accounting, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (2000);
- Certified Fraud Examiner, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (1994);
- Senior Member, American Society of Appraisers; Business Valuation (1989);
- Chartered Business Valuator, The Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (1987);
- Chartered Accountant, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario (1984);
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Toronto (1982).
- Currently President of Rudson Valuation Group Inc., business valuators and litigation accountants;
- Formerly President of the Toronto office of Richter & Associates Inc., business valuators and litigation accountants, and Partner of Richter, Usher & Vineberg, Chartered Accountants (1990 - 1998);
- Formerly Manager of the Toronto office of Richter & Associates Inc., business valuators and litigation accountants (1985 - 1990);
- Formerly Senior in the office of Peat Marwick/Lindquist Holmes, Chartered Accountants, specializing in forensic accounting services (1984 - 1985);
- Formerly Senior in the audit, accounting and tax division of the Toronto office of Richter, Usher & Vineberg, Chartered Accountants (1982 - 1984).
Author and Speaker
- Written and presented numerous papers for the Law Society of Upper Canada, CA Magazine, Canadian Bar Association (Ontario), Divorce Magazine, Insight, Money and Family Law, The Canadian Institute, the University of Toronto (Law School) and York University on matters including:
- Business valuations;
- Quantification of economic damages;
- Financial issues in matrimonial litigation.
- Director of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (elected 1994-1996; re-elected 1996-1998);
- Co-Chair of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators Twelfth Biennial Conference, June 1996;
- Chairman (1992 - 1993) and member (1990 - 1991) of the Toronto Workshop Committee of The Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators;
- Member of the Advisory Board of Divorce Magazine (1996 - ) - Previously Vice-President, Chapter 52 (Toronto), American Society of Appraisers;
- Responsible for the setting, and marking the final examination for the senior valuation course required to obtain the Chartered Business Valuator (C.B.V.) designation;
- Has given expert testimony before the Supreme Court of Ontario, the Ontario Court (General Division) and other tribunals as an expert witness in business valuation, damage quantifications, and matrimonial matters;
- Has specialized in business and securities valuation, litigation support, and forensic accounting since 1984;
- Has practised as a chartered accountant and has been involved in audits of large corporations and small owner-operated business.